Help With Very Small 1-2 Person Spa Recommendations

Plungetaker

Hello all. I am interested in finding a small spa to be used on a patio behind my townhouse here in Atlanta. The measurements of my patio are 96" x 51". The homeowners association will allow me to have a spa, however I am not allowed to lengthen or expand the area nor am I allowed to have any part of the spa extend out past the concrete. In other words, the spa has to be small enough to fit in this spot.

Can you offer any recommendations on a spa which will fit? I am a single fella and will use it mostly for relaxing in after I finish running so I'm not worried about getting more than two people into it, and even that will be a rarity. I see that Thermospas makes one that will fit called the Gemini, but after reading about their sales practices I'm a bit afraid to give them a call.

Thanking you all in advance for your assistance.

Hello all. I am interested in finding a small spa to be used on a patio behind my townhouse here in Atlanta. The measurements of my patio are 96" x 51". The homeowners association will allow me to have a spa, however I am not allowed to lengthen or expand the area nor am I allowed to have any part of the spa extend out past the concrete. In other words, the spa has to be small enough to fit in this spot.

Can you offer any recommendations on a spa which will fit? I am a single fella and will use it mostly for relaxing in after I finish running so I'm not worried about getting more than two people into it, and even that will be a rarity. I see that Thermospas makes one that will fit called the Gemini, but after reading about their sales practices I'm a bit afraid to give them a call.

Thanking you all in advance for your assistance.

Cal Spa makes a couple of 2 and 3 person spa-83"x43" which is 2 seats that face each other , and 54"x78" which is the same 2 seats, plus a lounger by their side.

Hi plunge. You are SO limited by those dimensions. Have you considered going to your HOA and trying to get a variance? You don't really need the whole 96", but 51" is way too small. Perhaps you could ask them to let you change the dimensions without adding any square footage. You could rework the patio area into a square rather than the narrow rectangle it is now. Just a thought. Also, the spa that Blake mentioned by DM industries, I believe they are connected with Vita spa. If you are in the Atlanta area you might want to talk to Adam or Damion at Atlanta Spa and Leisure. They are great guys and might be able to get it for you.

You might be able to get a "corner" design to work. Freeflow has one that is listed as 72"x72" but as it is triangular I'm not sure how that's measured. if it is the length of the two perpendicular sides, then it would measure just about 50.9" from back to point.

Something like a Softub might also be an option, although those seem to be minimum of 60" in diameter.

Hmmm.. Maybe putting a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom is a better option given the space issue.

Hello again all and thanks for the responses to my query. After discussing the issue with the head of my homeowners association, I have been advised that I will be allowed to re-route an existing gutter drain currently coming directly down the center of the rear of my townhouse. This will give me an additional 9" of width to work with. I now have exactly 96" x 60" of patio space wherein a spa can reside. That seems to open up a whole new world of possibilities to me. Whew!!!

Can anyone offer any guidance on a tub in the $3 - 4K range which will fit? I want to pay cash and that is what I have to work with. Thanks so much! From trying to research these things my head is about to explode. Thank goodness I have found this site. I now feel like I have Spa Yoda guiding me. If not for you folks I might have ended up with a Leisure Bay......