Sick Kids

ivieisme

Both of my kids have a cold. We are in Florida, so I don't worry about my kids getting a chill, but I am wondering if the cold germs can multiply or spread more in the hot tub.

The fact that you're all congregated together in the spa certainly can help to spread any cold/flu so from that perspective, sure. Thats the very reason that colds/flu spread more in winter time, people are couped up together more.

I snuggle with them no matter what. I just wonder if the cold germ is one of those that multiply in hot water, or will the ozone, frog, dichlor and mps kill it?

'ivieisme', I haven't found anything that indicates that a tub will spread cold or influenza in children or adults. A tub will spread some real nasty stuff but that's best left for another thread. I read several articles that suggest soaking in a tub to relieve the miserable feelings that a cold or flu will give. Most suggest soaking for 20 minutes at at least 102 to sweat out or detoxify the body. There are also salt products that can be bought at the local drug store or Walmart for that matter that will assist in easing the pain. Here a link to a company that I've used. B)

see link: http://www.queenhelene.com//batherapy-cold-flu.php

I hope your children feel better soon. B) Biggz

I snuggle with them no matter what. I just wonder if the cold germ is one of those that multiply in hot water, or will the ozone, frog, dichlor and mps kill it?

'ivieisme', I haven't found anything that indicates that a tub will spread cold or influenza in children or adults. A tub will spread some real nasty stuff but that's best left for another thread. I read several articles that suggest soaking in a tub to relieve the miserable feelings that a cold or flu will give. Most suggest soaking for 20 minutes at at least 102 to sweat out or detoxify the body. There are also salt products that can be bought at the local drug store or Walmart for that matter that will assist in easing the pain. Here a link to a company that I've used. B)

see link: http://www.queenhelene.com//batherapy-cold-flu.php

I hope your children feel better soon. B) Biggz

I find soaking when I have a cold or flu makes me feel much better. A properly sanitized spa should handle any germs in the water.