Cone Nozzle And Snap Ring Stuck.

Cathy M

Hi, All I'm new to the forum. I have a Corum Sundance spa - purchased in 1997. Over the summer the spa was down and empty for several months. I am replacing all Intelli-jets with new bearing ring. However, I am unable to get the cone nozzle and snap ring to come out so I can then reinsert the Intelli-Jet. The usual manner to get it free is not working (i.e., putting finger over nozzle hole and starting the spa on high, which usually makes the unit pop out.)

Any suggestions? I can remove the nozzle with no problem. And the bearing ring comes apart due

to age. But the cone nozzle and snap ring are stuck.

Thanks.

Cathy

Hi Cathy

All our lines are busy, thank you for holding. Meanwhile as a person with technical/mechanical ability but *not* a spa professional allow me to assist. I'm sure a real tech will be along shortly. Your aging spa is no doubt a wee bit calcified, that's no news. You want to safely free the nozzle without damaging it. Does the pump supply enough pressure to blow your finger off the jet when you plug it with your finger? Try wiggling it to break any crystaliztion buildup or general funk. Maybe something soft other than your finger to build more pressure, like a wine cork.

It also sounds like you have removed it from the spa, if true you could soak it in vinegar or use some filter cleaner to soak (*not* both at the same time). Use the favorite trick of thermal resizing. Heat expands and cold shrinks, so pop it in the freezer for 20 minutes and then run the outer part under hot water while the inner piece stays icey cold... of course these suggestions only work if you can take the larger assembly out of the spa.

Hi, BODarc - Thank you for your response. Only part of the Intelli-Jet has come out. Until I get the the cone nozzle and snap ring out of the spa (I probably wasn't clear on that point) I will be unable to put the Jet back in with new bearing ring. I think you are probably right-on about the calcification. We just put in a new motor, so the pressure is good. Appreciate your suggestions. The cork sounds like a good one.

I'm in the middle of a deadline at work, so I apologize for not acknowledging your post sooner.

Happy New Year.

Cathy