Decisions, Decisions...

snmhanson

We are about to get a new Jacuzzi Spa and have decided to go with the J-470. We have the option of ordering a brand new one in the exact color we want or buying a 2006 floor model (which I am told is essentially the same as the 2007) in slightly different, yet still acceptable, colors for ~$375-425 less. We could also buy a 2007 floor model in a similar color with a stereo for an extra ~$1,000+ more than the model without stereo that we initially placed the order for. So basically I have the option of going forward with our order, going for the 2006 floor model and saving ~$400 or going with 2007 floor model with radio and spending an extra $1,000+. The dealer has been great to me and I feel very comfortable with the price but I am not sure what to think about purchasing a floor model that has been used for wet tests, especially a 2006 that has been there for over a year. On one hand it has been put through the paces and presumably works as it should and shouldn't have any leaks or defects plus I could get it within a week or so versus probably a month or more for the one that I have on order. On the other hand it has had water and chemicals in it for over a year plus people have been wet testing it during that time. What do you guys think? Should I be wary of buying a floor model or should I consider it as essentially good as new? We probably aren't interested in paying $1,000 more for a floor model with a stero in it but that is an option to consider as well with the benefit being we would get it several weeks earlier. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

I wouldn't worry about buying a wet floor model. The only thing I'd say is that a lot of dealers will discount their tubs more than yours. Although, I will say the Jacuzzi dealer in my area didn't come down a whole lot on his wet floor model. But he moves a lot of tubs, so he probably doesn't have to. J470 is an awesome tub. No matter what, you can't go wrong!

Matt,

I wouldn't worry about buying a wet floor model. The only thing I'd say is that a lot of dealers will discount their tubs more than yours. Although, I will say the Jacuzzi dealer in my area didn't come down a whole lot on his wet floor model. But he moves a lot of tubs, so he probably doesn't have to. J470 is an awesome tub. No matter what, you can't go wrong!

Thanks for the reply. After talking to my wife a bit about it I think we are going to be patient and order the new one to get the exact color that we want - although that will not be set in stone until Monday (so keep any additional comments or suggestions coming). FWIW, our choice of color is the Autumn Red Cabinetry with Desert Sand shell and the floor model has the same cabinet with the Sahara shell. Although not the worst color for our house we are not too excited about the Sahara shell. Plus the Desert Sand would blend with our house and surroundings better. The dealer has been great to work with and I am sure he would like to move his floor model but I don't want to regret not being patient and waiting for the perfect color. I am very excited to get our current broken tub replaced but what's a few more weeks in the grand scheme? And I agree, at least from what I've seen the J470 looks pretty sweet.

Thanks,

Matt

The Jacuzzi 470 is a beutiful spa, with nice lines and cool waterfalls. The only problem with it that I've ever seen is that the cover doesnt fit right. The way that sweep goes up there is a 1 inch gap between the cover and the acrylic of the spa. Ask to see how the cover fits and see for yourself, as the gap is right at the beginnig of the slope up on the shell. As far as floor models go, make sure you get a full warranty on the thing.