Steel Vs Permacrete Inground Pool

SB21

Currently getting estimates for an inground vinyl pool here in the NorthEast (NY).

Some builders use Steel Walls, (Foxxx or Fort Wayne panels)

Others are now using Permacrete which is a 10 inch concrete mold with padding

separating the liner.

Any Pro or Con's for using one or the other. Prices are pretty close.

Thanks

the poured wall will not rust, and with a liner covering the wall the minor cracks will not matter. with eather wall, make sure the rain and splash water is drain tiled away. in freezing climites frost heaving can rune your decks.

i have 30 years experence with steel walls and the last 6 with concrete,

my own next pool will be poured concrete.

Jeff Grotte

www.poolguy.com

the poured wall will not rust, and with a liner covering the wall the minor cracks will not matter. with eather wall, make sure the rain and splash water is drain tiled away. in freezing climites frost heaving can rune your decks.

Jeff Grotte

www.poolguy.com

Jeff...say it's not so! Long live steel! My best to you though!

Jeff Grotte

www.poolguy.com

Are you saying the steel walls could rust? The company we dealt w/ said that the steel walls are galvanized and should never rust.... I hope that's the case because right now, the pool looks good and I would like to think it will stay that way.... Water balance seems very easy with the vinyl liner inground pool.....

Are you saying the steel walls could rust? The company we dealt w/ said that the steel walls are galvanized and should never rust.... I hope that's the case because right now, the pool looks good and I would like to think it will stay that way.... Water balance seems very easy with the vinyl liner inground pool.....

We have been installing steel wall, vinyl lined pools for over 40 years in Northeast Ohio. To date, we have NEVER had to replace a wall that has rusted completely through. The current system we sell has steel walls, a 30 mil vinyl liner and a deck support system that keeps the deck from pulling away from the pool, sinking or having major cracks in it. When you have freezing and thawing of the ground, steel wall, vinyl liner is the only way to go. IMHO

We have been installing steel wall, vinyl lined pools for over 40 years in Northeast Ohio. To date, we have NEVER had to replace a wall that has rusted completely through. The current system we sell has steel walls, a 30 mil vinyl liner and a deck support system that keeps the deck from pulling away from the pool, sinking or having major cracks in it. When you have freezing and thawing of the ground, steel wall, vinyl liner is the only way to go. IMHO

Do you use Fox Pools? I have heard that Fox is a great product so I went w/ that type, but the company that installed mine has had some problems....