How To Get Tub To Maintain Temperature Greater Than 104 Degees

Rainman

Hello all,

I have a Coleman tub with a digital controller. The 104 degee temp just isnt hot enough. I read through all the postings and a few suggestions were made such as putting a resistor on the sensor wire. Anyone tried this? which wire, red or black would you put the resistor?

Any other ideas?

Rainman

Most repair facilities and dealers would not want to take on the legal liability of telling you how to circumvent the safety systems on your spa. Recent changes in the UL standard for all portable hot tubs has limited them to a max of 104 degrees.

However, since the temperature probes are simple thermistors, you should be able to find somebody who possesses the basic electronic skills needed to figure out how to add or subtract the correct amount of resistance by adding a resistor in series or in parallel with the sensor to get you a few more degrees.

Be careful. And don't quote me. And don't blame me. And don't ask me to pay for your warranty work if you mess something up by doing this.

HTH

B)

Hello all,

I have a Coleman tub with a digital controller. The 104 degee temp just isnt hot enough. I read through all the postings and a few suggestions were made such as putting a resistor on the sensor wire. Anyone tried this? which wire, red or black would you put the resistor?

Any other ideas?

Rainman

Have you check the temp with a thermometer?? could be something wrong with the temp sending unit??

Most repair facilities and dealers would not want to take on the legal liability of telling you how to circumvent the safety systems on your spa. Recent changes in the UL standard for all portable hot tubs has limited them to a max of 104 degrees.

However, since the temperature probes are simple thermistors, you should be able to find somebody who possesses the basic electronic skills needed to figure out how to add or subtract the correct amount of resistance by adding a resistor in series or in parallel with the sensor to get you a few more degrees.

Be careful. And don't quote me. And don't blame me. And don't ask me to pay for your warranty work if you mess something up by doing this.

HTH

B)

Thanks for your help with this as it all makes sense. Will let you know how it turns out.

Rainman