Hot Springs 2004 Vista Leak

Capn Al

Please excuse my being a newbie, but I just got this used Vista and it has a leak somewhere. The tub is located on a deck and the leak appears to be dripping down from the center area. The end cap of the heater was broken, so I suspect the unit might not have been winterized properly. I fixed the broken end cap and filled the tub, then ran it a good bit and found no leaks in the access/service/electrical panel. Is there another area that would be affected by freezing and how do I gain access to it? Can I/Should I remove any side panels and look there first? Please help. This hot tub is a 2004 model, looks perfect, and all the pumps, jets, levers, etc. worked fine when we filled it last week and tested it. The heating element did not seem to work. The two small lights inside the electronics box were on (1 red, 1 green). My buddy said he thought there was voltage at the wire connections to the heater, so I may need a new heater, but I also need to learn how to diagnose and fix the leak. By the way, this hot tub is about 100 miles away from my home, so when I go there to fix it, I want to bring as much equipment and knowledge as needed to get the job done. Thanks so much for any and all expertise. Al

Finding and repairing an in foam leak can be a daunting task even for a seasoned spa repair technician. You will want to remove the siding and check out all sides of the spa for any evidence there is or was water leaking from a specific area. Sometimes dyeing the water is necessary to more precisely locate the exact spot leaking. Exactly what is leaking will determine the repair procedure and parts you need.

You are on the right track with the heater diagnosis. With the "HTR ON" light on inside the control box you should have voltage going to the heater element lead wires if it is not there look at the heater relay board as the probable cause for no heat. If you need any parts or an expert repair technician to complete the repairs I encourage you to visit the www.hotspringspa.com website and use the dealer locator to get the contact info for your local Hot Spring dealer