Balboa Fuse Trigger - 2Nd Pump And Blower Start Automatically...

We have a Balboa-Spaform DEM-SF273-FCAH

When turning the electricity on: the blower and 2 pumps activate and> the 13Amp fuse triggers (in the house, connected by electrician).

To solve this I disconnected the 2nd pump and the blower from the unit unplugging the connectors.

Now the 1st pump runs normally. But the unit still tries to activate the blower and 2nd pump by itself (as indicated on display and clicking noise). When I turn both these off using the display buttons the jacuzzi starts heating up.... for about 10 seconds and then the pump and blower are activated on the display again (which deactivates the heating again).

Any ideas what causes this? Would it be the control panel buttons that connect... or is it more likely to be a problem in the "main control box unit" inside the jacuzzi? Or something else?

Trying to save $$$$ on rapairman coming .......

Where are you located? I assume you mean breaker and not fuse, and if so 13 amp is an odd number. Here in the U.S. most smaller tubs with only 1 jet pump require either a 15 or 20 amp breaker at 120V or most / all tubs with 2 jet pumps are wired at 50 amps at 240V.

Hi Isaac,

I am located in the Scotland (but originally from Holland). We use fuses, but technically thats almost the same as a breaker.

It looks like the fuse blowing is only a side effect as the hottub has been working fine for a few years. The problem is that, without me touching anything the blower and second pump come on at full power continuesly....

• 1 month later...

Balboa systems will automatically start the blowers when the water temperature is below a certain level (think its 7 centigrade. This allows the water to by movement alone. I don't know which topside control you have but does it display the message ICE when this is occuring?

Also even if you are in Scotland your hot tub should be on a seperate electrical system to everything else and I would say that 13 amp is nowhere near enough for the hot tub,and this is more than likely the reason for the fuse blowing.