Discovery Arcadia Start-up?

cverboort

We purchased the Costco Discovery Arcadia and it is ready for start-up! I purchased the SERENA SPA 90 day checmical kit and now don't really know what to do with it.

My first concern is the SERENA SPA kit comes with a Stain and Scale preventer that you add to the water upon fill up. This is said to protect the shell. However I read that a manual application of a shell protector is advised. Is it necessary to find a product to apply on the shell or is the SERENA SPA liquid sufficiant?

We are virgin's to the hot-tub world so we are really not sure of what to do. The tub has an ozonater and we are not sure as to what chemicals we need to add since we have that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We purchased the Costco Discovery Arcadia and it is ready for start-up! I purchased the SERENA SPA 90 day checmical kit and now don't really know what to do with it.

My first concern is the SERENA SPA kit comes with a Stain and Scale preventer that you add to the water upon fill up. This is said to protect the shell. However I read that a manual application of a shell protector is advised. Is it necessary to find a product to apply on the shell or is the SERENA SPA liquid sufficiant?

We are virgin's to the hot-tub world so we are really not sure of what to do. The tub has an ozonater and we are not sure as to what chemicals we need to add since we have that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

'cverboort', So your hot tub arrived! Congratulations. :D Many happy soaks too you. :P Your tub didn't come with a "Leisure Time" start up kit? In that kit is a bottle called "fast Gloss" that you need to apply to the tub before filling it. I think it helps to protect the tubs finish from UV rays or something to that effect. I'm not familiar with the kit you have, but just follow the instructions. If you need to manually apply the shell protector climb on in and polish away. Fill the tub through the skimmer as instructed in your manual. When you turn on the power at the GCFI the tubs pumps will start to prime for about 5 minutes. The control pad should read pr. Once the pumps are primed the control pad will show the current water temperature. The tub comes with a default setting of 100* so your heater will start to heat the water from the fill temperature to 100*. How was it getting the tub from the curb? hehe :lol:

What exactly is in your kit? Is it bromine or chlorine? The scale preventer is different the the stuff you apply manually. Go ahead and add that. I filled my tub before adding the fast gloss(stuff you apply manually), but I will do it next time you drain the tub. Let us know if you have bromine or chlorine and we should be able to offer more help.

Well after reading and calling a few stores to ask if what we had was appropriate for our tub, we decided to take back the box of chemicals I purchased and have a dealer set us up. Since it has an ozonator we should not have to use as manu chemicals and the tub is supposed to be Bromine only. We now have all the we need. Which ended up being half of what was sent.

We did get a spray on gloss that was easy to apply and then as Mr. Miage would say...wax-on-wax-off.

And as far as getting the tub from the curb??? I am recently out of shoulder surgery and made sure to wear my sling when I greeted the delivery guys. I offered them a benjamin and they happily obliged to tote it to our patio, set it up and take the trash with them! They were good guys. I probably wouldn't have had to offer them anything at all, but figure they work hard and probably don't get paid much. It was worth the dough.

I cleaned it out and filled it up tonight. The hubby will get it started tonight and we should be soaking tomorrow after the trick-or-treaters are done.

Well after reading and calling a few stores to ask if what we had was appropriate for our tub, we decided to take back the box of chemicals I purchased and have a dealer set us up. Since it has an ozonator we should not have to use as manu chemicals and the tub is supposed to be Bromine only. We now have all the we need. Which ended up being half of what was sent.

We did get a spray on gloss that was easy to apply and then as Mr. Miage would say...wax-on-wax-off.

And as far as getting the tub from the curb??? I am recently out of shoulder surgery and made sure to wear my sling when I greeted the delivery guys. I offered them a benjamin and they happily obliged to tote it to our patio, set it up and take the trash with them! They were good guys. I probably wouldn't have had to offer them anything at all, but figure they work hard and probably don't get paid much. It was worth the dough.

I cleaned it out and filled it up tonight. The hubby will get it started tonight and we should be soaking tomorrow after the trick-or-treaters are done.

'cverboort', Catherine, I really like the sling. :lol::lol: It seems to work every time. As far as those guys not making much, I estimate they can fit at least 12 -15 tubs on the truck that my tub came in. Just imagine how many slings they see in a day. Between 2 men. Not bad plus salary and perks (soda, sandwich). Your tub didn't come with a start up kit. Discovery is Keys Backyard. When my tub came Keys specified that the start up kit was on the inside of the cabinet in the pump area. I noticed on another thread you was wondering what a electrician would charge and if the warranty would be voided if you did it yourself. It was suggested that if you were handy the installation could be done by you or your husband. The instructions on pg. 14 of the manual specify "Under no circumstances should the hydrotherapy spa be wired by someone other than a qualified,licensed electrician. Use of a non licensed electrician will result in the warranty being voided." I didn't know that they made bromine only hot tubs. :huh: Where did you get this information. That's a really nice tub you bought. If I would have put my tub in the backyard I would've bought that as well.

Verrry nicce. B)

cver, if you want to use bromine, then by all means do it. But, someone telling you your tub can't be anything but bromine is hogwash. You can absolutely use dichlor(chlorine) with an ozonator. If you are using bromine, you can't switch to chlorine until you change your water. Stick around here, people will really help you and they won't be offering you advice based on making money off of you.