Will Water From Saltwater Pools Damage Plants?

Hello,

We have a new fiberglass pool with a saltwater system (Love It!). They are coming to close the pool down on Friday so I need to pump out the water to bring the level down. We have had a drought here in VA so I was going to pump the water onto my lawn and around my trees rather than waste it by sending it down the drain. I am wondering it the low levels of salt in the water will damage my plants and trees?

Has anyone else used the pool water to water plants or just pumped the water out on the lawn?

Thanks,

• 7 months later...
Hello,

We have a new fiberglass pool with a saltwater system (Love It!). They are coming to close the pool down on Friday so I need to pump out the water to bring the level down. We have had a drought here in VA so I was going to pump the water onto my lawn and around my trees rather than waste it by sending it down the drain. I am wondering it the low levels of salt in the water will damage my plants and trees?

Has anyone else used the pool water to water plants or just pumped the water out on the lawn?

Thanks,

It has been 8 months so I can answer my own question. I ended up pumping the water into the same ditch that handles our normal rain drainage. None of the plants or tress that are adjacent to the ditch were affected by the pool draining including the grass lining the ditch.