White Ring Around Flagstone

I have flagstone around the perimeter of my pool instead of tile. I have a salt water system. I have a white ring around the flagstone, and in my creek between the pool and hot tub, at the water line, which is more visable when the humidity is low. How do I clean this off? And how do I stop it from happening?

I have flagstone around the perimeter of my pool instead of tile. I have a salt water system. I have a white ring around the flagstone, and in my creek between the pool and hot tub, at the water line, which is more visable when the humidity is low. How do I clean this off? And how do I stop it from happening?

You may be able to clean it off with a good acid based surface cleaner. First you need to try to determine if the buildup is salt or it may be calcium and other minerals in the pool. If its calcium its not going to come off so easy. One of the problems you have to watch is if you use anything like muratic acid to clean the buildup off the tileline it will also eat the Flagstone. If the buildup doesnt come off with one of the acid based pool surface cleaners then you may be forced to do a light acid wash on the surface or there are companys that actually sandblast tilelines on pools to remove buildup.

Once you get it cleaned off I would get a good sealer applied to the stone to leave a smoother surface so the minerlas cant bond as easy. And make sure you brush the tile line on your pool regularly even if you dont notice any kind of ring.

I clean mile tile line bi weekly with surface cleaner especially during the summer. Good Luck.

You may be able to clean it off with a good acid based surface cleaner. First you need to try to determine if the buildup is salt or it may be calcium and other minerals in the pool. If its calcium its not going to come off so easy. One of the problems you have to watch is if you use anything like muratic acid to clean the buildup off the tileline it will also eat the Flagstone. If the buildup doesnt come off with one of the acid based pool surface cleaners then you may be forced to do a light acid wash on the surface or there are companys that actually sandblast tilelines on pools to remove buildup.

Once you get it cleaned off I would get a good sealer applied to the stone to leave a smoother surface so the minerlas cant bond as easy. And make sure you brush the tile line on your pool regularly even if you dont notice any kind of ring.

I clean mile tile line bi weekly with surface cleaner especially during the summer. Good Luck.

hi sharkman

you have a build up of salt and calcium on the water line .

if you switch from salt/chlorine to www.ecosmarte.com it will keep the calcium in the water biocarbinate which means it will stay disolved in the water, and you will have no chlorine in the water. ecosmarte also sell a glass filter which will filter down to 3 to 5 microns.

and the pool water will taste like a high quality mineral water and it will be much easer to run your water.

Jeff Grotte

jeff@poolguy.com

hi sharkman

you have a build up of salt and calcium on the water line .

if you switch from salt/chlorine to www.ecosmarte.com it will keep the calcium in the water biocarbinate which means it will stay disolved in the water, and you will have no chlorine in the water. ecosmarte also sell a glass filter which will filter down to 3 to 5 microns.

and the pool water will taste like a high quality mineral water and it will be much easer to run your water.

Jeff Grotte

jeff@poolguy.com

How does it sanitize the water if ther is no chlorine?

How does it sanitize the water if ther is no chlorine?

Copper kills bacteria by wrapping along the molecular structure of the bacteria. First it ionizes it which means breaking it down, than the oxidizer prevents bacteria growth. The system is brilliant.

Copper kills bacteria by wrapping along the molecular structure of the bacteria. First it ionizes it which means breaking it down, than the oxidizer prevents bacteria growth. The system is brilliant.

Copper will kill bacteria but in a pool or spa you would need such a large amount od copper in the water that you would be able to taste and smell it that why on the ionizer cartridges out there you stiil need a sanitizer the copper only works to supplement the sanitizer so you use less.

What does this system use as a oxidizer?