New To It All.

I bought a 12x25 doughboy oasis (soft side). Just got it up yesterday

Okay what do I need to do?

any help is appreciated.

How long do I have the filter going at one time? how many hours per day? run while at work?

how much chlorine do I start with? any other chemicals at the same time?

what do I need to check. I have liquid but bought the big like tablet things that go inside a thing that floats around (ours is a duck!) :)

when putting chlorine in the first time, how long before we can swim, or anytime after I put chlorine in do we have to wait before swimming? what about other chemicals I need to use? can you put them in then swim 30 min later?

I am brand spanking new to pools. help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, lets start with filter running. You should always run the filter when swimming regardless of the time. As far as when you away, that's where your have to test times yourself, maybe you can start with 11am-5pm and see if that seems good enough.

Chlorine, get a tester kit. Add if needed. Depending on the use, sunlight and so on, you'll go through chlorine from once a day like some people do to once a week like I have too.

Keep PH levels normal. If you burn through chlorine fast, invest in a solar blanket, that should hold it in more.

Shock it before using it the first time.

With all this, you should be good to go.