Leaking Pvc Fitting

Guest Warewasher

Guest Warewasher

I have a Leisure Bay 2 person Spa that has developed a leak at one of the center intakes. I'm pretty handy but cannot figure out how to remove the side skirts to gain access to the leak. Other than the trap door in the end of the unit to gain access to the pump there are no visible screws under the corner braces or the top rail. :( . I cannot believe that there would be no way to repair leaks without lifting the tub out of the shell???

Any Ideas?????

Hi,

All four of your cabinet panels are removable, to provide access to that leaking center intake.

With the Leisure Bay cabinet, the top of the panel is secured by the lip of the acrylic shell, so no screws to romove at the top. Next you will have to remove one or both of the corner panels, which help to secure the sides of the removable panels. Then, you will find screws along the bottom edge of the cabinet panel, they will be black screws, found along the bottom black edge, of the removable pane. Finally, remove any screws along the side of the panel. Then slide, the panel down and out from under the acrylic shell lip, which may still be holding the panel in place. This is truly one of the more difficult and unfriendly cabinet panel, for any consumer or service tech to remove. But, once removed, it is wide open and eay to acces all plumbing. Goodluck. Dave.

Guest Warewasher

This model was purchased in 1995. The ONLY screws I can find are inside the end hatch. There are metal corner bracket holding the ends to the sides. But they are so far out of reach and there is wiring and plumbing in the way. The bottom has plywood flat to the floor all the way around. I did remove the "False" corners and the skirt around the tub area but that accomplished nothing. The whole shell is made of a foam material the on the outside resembles boards

Is it possible that I have to tip the whole unit on it's side or raise it on blocks and work from underneath?

The description I gave you, was for more recent Leisure Bays Spas. Your cabinet may be tung and groove wood sides. It may be a removable panel, but very likely not. To access the leak area, you will have to remove some of the wood cabinet, one piece at a time. You could tip the spa on its side, but that can be difficult tipping the spa up and removing the plywood floor. In most cases we cut out a section of cabinet. Dave.

Guest Warewasher

Thanks for the info. The spa is owned by my girlfriend who will have to decide if we want to go through all that work. The side panels are not wood. They are simulated wood finish on some foam type material. However I am very curious as to haw this was origanally assembled. is the tub dropped into this so called frame. Seem like it would take a very small person to get inside the end hatch and screw the corner brackets onto the side panels.

My girlfriend has been calling Rec. Wharehouse where she origanally bought the unit but the service dept never calls back!!! Ahhh the joy of living in South Florida!