Chemicals Help

Normski

I think that indeed is MPS, and maybe it is the case that your strips are incorrectly identifying chlorine/bromine. I mean, if you aren't adding chlorine or bromine, I sincerely doubt there's much in your tub, right?

You are obviously free to sanitize your spa however you wish, but there's an excellent method that many folks on this forum have adopted for their spa care: 

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23090-dichlorbleach-method-in-a-nutshell/

While it uses dichlor to start and chlorine bleach thereafter, I've used it for many years and love it - the tub doesn't stink like chlorine nearly as bad as using chlorine/bromine tablets and skin irritation is essentially unheard of. You do have to add bleach on a regular basis and the UV thing does make you have to add it more regularly (assuming you're referring to a UV-based Ozonator). Other more knowledgeable folks on this forum can likely guide you further if you're only using MPS.