Asthma From Bromide?

dutchspa

Does anyone expirienced lung problem after using the hot tub?

After a few months using Bromide in my hot tub I startet to have lung problems last week. I experience shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing.

The doctor testet my lung function, it was less than normal. Aerosol spray was discripted. I didn´t told her that i use a hot hot tub with Bromide.

It isn´t getting better.

I read an artical in the internet about RADS (reactive airways dysfunction syndrom) caused by inhalating

for eg Bromide.

Does anyone have eyperience or has more info with this fenomenon?

Thank´s

Emiel (Cologne-Germany)

I testet the water 1 day after starting coughing. The ph level was extremly low!" 2 days before i used Leisure Time "spa Defender" agains scale. Also I cleaned some parts of the inside of the shell with a special cleaner for hot tub´s.

I managed to get the ph balance right today, but i´m still afraid to use it. This morning i got in with 1 pump running and the venturi jets closed, so that the risk af inhaling the chemicals is reduced. I hope it´s not the end of my hot tub living experience, this would be horrible after only one year of ownership! :(

Some people do report a sensitivity to bromine, but if that turns out to be the case for you all is not lost since there is very little sensitivity to chlorine so you could switch to using chlorine instead if you had to. Chlorine has its own issues, mostly in being harder to maintain levels so you have to add it every day or two (depending on how frequently you use your spa). If you use chlorine, you'll need to use a non-chlorine shock as well and will want to start by using Dichlor for a week or two and then switch to bleach, until the next time you change the water.