How often to change water

Rayf01

I have a 1500L Beachcomber 380 hot tub. I believe that is approximately 375 gallons. We don't use it that frequently and when we do we've usually showered before hand already. I'd estimate the hot tub gets use 2 to 3 days a week by one more, so a daily bather load of like 0.5 to be generous. When I take 375 divide it by 3, then divide it by the daily bather load of 0.5, I get a water change frequency of approx 250 days. 

Does this seem right or OK to go that long? My TDS are very low and barely register on my test strips. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been doing my water changes based on how the water looks and how much chemicals it takes to keep it clear and within the chemistry guidelines. I've gone anywhere from 3 months to 6 months. We are usually in it on the weekends only unless we are off work then it may be everyday.  I use filtered well water that's high alk and calcium.