Chems for Indoor Swim Spa & Treadmill

We have an indoor hydrotherapy center for dogs: lap pool (high bather volume x5d/week. 8000 gal., SWG), swimspa "SS" (low/infrequent bather volume =1200 gal., 6% bleach), underwater treadmill "UWTM" (high bather volume x3-5d/week = 400 gal., 6% bleach).

Currently battling the two smaller bodies of water! As can be expected with swimming dogs, I am presuming.

UWTM: Recently ceased using 1" chlor tabs and trichlor/dichlor products due to excessive CYA and apparent "chlorine lock" (no FCl, then high FCl). We have drained and refilled, leaving nominal amount of residual water from plumbing/pumps. With residual CYA evident (less than 100), we started adding bleach. Despite recommended Cl dosing, consecutive days there is continued to be  FCl 0 and TCl 0-1, and CYA 60-100.  I suspect the bleach was much less than 6%.

Once the Chlorine started to read (TCl only), we began O2shock/MPS over 3 days (not wanting the CYA to rocket again I was told to use non-chlorine "shock"). Gradually the TCl started to show increase 1 to 2 to 3ppm, then the FCl started to show up.

This morning TCl 4-5, FCl 2, pH 7.0, CYA ~60 = Here's where we probably should have let it be! But work peep added another dose of MPS and added pH up = tonight  TCl >5, FCl 0, CYA 100-150. Opted to drain/refill, again! 

We just want clean/safe water, please help. Woof

p.s. Should be using Bromine instead?