High Alkalinity Low Ph For Spa Can't Seem To Fix The Problem

d54son

I have had my spa since June. It was fine for about a week then UGH it went down fast. Always.. my alkalinity is high ph low. I w=use ph plus the the alkalinity goes higher ph doesn't change. I went to the dealer an they said this was not possible NO HELP AT ALL. Now i read through your posts and is borax all i need? I use chlorine. I have spent so much and getting nowhere. I serviceman came out to help me drain and refill after 3 months and he told me to use liquid acid... just a little to lower alkalinity as it did but the ph is still 6.2 or so. Can anyone me me? If I knew then what I know now I would have never bought this spa.Headache from day one. I am at my wits end. Please help. I have ph plus and minus, stabilizer, metal remover, and something to help with foam. I use an AquaChek tester with AquaChek Tru Test Strips. It tests ph, Total Alkalinity,Chlorine . I have not tested the Calcium.

Normally in a spa especially with aeration jets the pH will tend to rise, not fall, unless you are using acidic sources of oxidizer such as non-chlorine shock (potassium monopersulfate, MPS) or a lot of Dichlor.

Of course, it could be your test strips that aren't right though usually pH is reasonably accurate even using test strips.

So what type of chlorine are you using? Chlorinating granules? Does it say "sodium dichloro-s-triazine" or "sodium dichloroisocyanurate" in the ingredients? Are you using any non-chlorine shock (MPS)? You didn't list that. Why did you list "stabilizer"? If you are using Dichlor as your source of chlorine, then you have no need to use stabilizer (Cyanuric Acid, CYA).