Weak Jets - Hotspring Flair

sdoyle999

We have a new (6 mos old) HotSpring Flair and the dealer has had to come out a couple of times to fix a leak. After the last visit, it seems like the jets are not nearly as strong as they were when this was new.

When we first got this, the jets were so strong that I'd need to close the jets a little otherwise the pressure was just too strong. They're not nearly that strong any longer.

Any thoughts? Anything I could check myself?

Thanks all!

Are the air flow controls on? Make sure the drain cap is good and tight (it can leak air into one of the pumps while that pump is running if not secure, causing it to lose pressure in one pump)

(You've got two separate pumps)

The pumps are plumbed independently of each-other. Try turning them on one at a time. Make sure the divirter valve for pump two is not in the middle, but turned all the way one way, or all the way the other. Make sure all the jets are open.

If pressure is lower on both pumps, is it possible it's your perception?

What type of leak repair was done?

Thanks. I know it's not just perception... When first delivered, the jets were so intense we needed to close them a little as they'd literally hurt on their max setting. We're a long way from that now.

My wife has corrected me... We think the change in pressure more likely happened when I last emptied and refilled the tub. Does that change your thinking by chance?

Are BOTH pumps affected by this loss in pressure?

By draining and refilling the tub, air may be introduced into the suction side of the pump plumbing. This could cause a pump not to prime, and have zero pressure. But if the pressure is simply a little less than it was previously, it's coincidental. The pump has primed, and the air has been evacuated.

The pumps are plumbed completely independently of one another. The do not share any plumbing. If one pump has less pressure than it used to, there could be a problem than could be solved. But both pumps? I'm trying to envision a scenario where that would be possible. Grasping at straws- if the 220v pumps were running on 120v instead of 220, they would be MUCH less powerful, and likley only run for a minute before overheating and shutting down.

Are BOTH pumps affected by this loss in pressure?

Are all the adjustable jets open?

Are all the air flow controls open?

Is the divirter valve handle for pump two all the way one way, or the other, and NOT in the middle?

What repair was done?