-Oh Error On Sundance Capri 880 (2008) Related To High Limit Sensor

Superelmer

Hi,

I have a second hand sundance capri 2008 (880 series). Since I had it I have been seeing an -OH error whenever you are trying to reach temperature above 90F.

At first I could power cycle it and get away with it, but not anymore.

I have replaced the temp sensor which did not help with this error

It seems the issue is related to the high limit sensor, despite the fact that it was reading proper resistance when tested.

Looking at the error diagnostic log, the high limit sensor reaches temperatures of 128F or so, which I guess is what triggers the error

I replaced that as well and again that did not help as it still reaches temperatures that triggers the error.

When I replaced the sensor I placed a bead of silicon to prevent it from coming out of its "socket" (which was the way I found it more or less). Today I removed that silicon and tested the spa. The temperature reading are now a lot closer to the water temperature (like 10F or so above) and it heats normally. But now I get a "HOT" message which according to the manual means circuit board is too hot, which is weird because it is open to the outside which is like 60F at most.

My questions are:

- what sensor triggers the HOT error?

- Should the hole where the high limit sensor be plugged or not. If it is, it appears heat accumluates around the sensor and then it reads too high temperatures; it it is not then the temperature reads a lot lower but seems to induce the HOT error (I can always glue it to the side so it is not plugged but the sensor does not come off)

- For the OH error what is the real issue? I doubt it is the sensors. I tested it using an IR thermometer and it seems to measure what the diagnostic log reports, same thing whith the water temp sensor. Then is it the board that has become deffective?

• 3 weeks later...

The OH error is likely due to low water flow across the heater element from a dirty filter or obstruction in the front of the circ pump. First try removing the filter and run the spa without the filter to see if the problem goes away. If not, you may have to inspect the circ pump intake/impeller for debris.

Brandon@spokanespas.com

• 9 months later...

I have the same issue. I only use my hot tub in the winter ( Sundance Capri) and drain it for the summer months. The, filter looks clean but I am suspicious that the filter is restricting the water flow. I checked for a restriction in the pump line last year and found none. Will the pleat in a filter become damaged and flow restricting when using Hot tub filter cleaners?