Catalina Spas Cat100 Low Speed Always On

dan.loeb

Okay guys heres my problem. I have a 2000 catalina spas cat 100 and for some reason 2 days ago the tub started to run the low speed jets all the time. I can switch between high and low jets no problem but when i go to switch the jets off it turns on low speed jets after 2 seconds. The tub heats fine and shuts off heat when up to temp. I do not have a circulation pump only a 2 speed jet. I tried changing filter cycle to 8 hours but with no change. If i power off the tub it will work normally for 30 seconds and the go back to low speed jets. I know low speed on the tub turns on to heat water, but kt always used to stop the jets once up to temp. Please help me out!

To clarify- If you adjusted the run time to 8 hrs, that means it always will run (2) 8 hour cycles. Thus- If you power on your tub, the default temp is 100* and if the water is not there, it'll run the pump (First pump low speed) until it reaches the default temp. Furthermore, if it is in the run cycle (16hrs out of 24hrs of the day) it'll be running low speed. I'd reset the system by turning off the power and switching it back on, set the cycles for 2hrs (If it isn't set there already), and let the intial 20min heat cycle run its course. After that it should be fine (Unless the temp is still below your desired setting- then it'll continue to heat until its satisfied). Unless I've totally mis-read what your issue is.