Brand New Startup Help

2014Spa

We have a new Jacuzzi coming to the house in about 2 weeks. I've been reading everything I can on here to get a good understanding of how to maintain the tub. We plan on using the Dichlor/bleach method once we get it up and running. The Taylor K-2006 is already in the mail. All of that makes sense to me (right now). But one thing I'm not clear on is whether we need to do a decontamination right off the bat, or is that only necessary for used tubes? If we do need to do a decon, should it be in two steps (1 - Ahh-some, 2 - super chlorinate) or do we just need to do one or the other? Thanks!

If you want to do a deconamination when you get the tub and use Ahh-Some for that, you can, but that's up to you. If you do use the tub without the decontamination/Ahh-Some, then the water may not last as long due to greases/oils and possibly biofilms in the piping due to wet-testing.

It was never wet tested, but assuming there may be dust, adhesives, etc from the the manufacturing process and storage. Just not sure if that warrants using Ahh-some and then super chlorination.

ETA: Or do you mean from when they test each tub to ensure it meets QA/QC specs? And not the wet-testing that customers can do in the showroom?

I mean the wet testing in the factory, though wet testing in the showroom is more likely to leave water in the piping. Nevertheless, the factory doesn't always properly blow out the pipes to make sure there is no water left that can form biofilms. Even without biofilm, there is often grease/oil in a new spa.

It's not a big deal and you can just see how things go. Just don't be surprised if the water doesn't last as long as you expect before the first water change.