Air Intake Cleaning

bajabill

My Jacuzzi (J235) is a little over a year old and there is an odor with the air when mixed with the jets. It is noticeable immediately in the bubbles after introducing the air to the jets and gone soon after the air intake is closed. I don't know where the air enters the system or how to clean these routings. This is before and after a recent water change.

There are some 1" white flexible pvc tube that are routed up to the top of the frame and through the 2x4. there's one near each of the air valves. You can tell the are for the jet air mixing because the tubes just end. Put you finger over the end with the air going and the bubble will stop (and you'll hear it). Then you know you've found it. they then go into a manifold with a bunch of small clear lines running to each jet.

I have no idea how you'd clean the lines as the manifolds are usually in the foam. perhaps you could pour bleach in there and let it sit for a while then blow it our with compressed air. I've occasionally noticed a smell too. However i think it's associated with the heat and use of the motors inside the cabinent. Since the intakes are inside the cabinet it pulls that warm air into the tub.