Questions From Newbie!

We are in the process of purchasing a new pool and I have some questions that I am hoping the experts can help with :)

(1) We would like to have a heated pool, but that jumps the price up another $5600. Our contractor said we could add the heat pump later, but would it be more expensive to do that after the pool is built? Is it easy (and cheaper) to add later? I figured I could buy it online at a lower cost and have a local pool company install. I am really not sure of what is included in adding a heater???

(2) Our house is electric so we assumed we would get a heat pump heater? Do you guys recommend gas (propane) or heat pumps? I know gas heats up quicker but I read that heat pumps are more economical in the long run.

(3) Are there any heaters you recommend, or those we should avoid?

Our pool is going to be 38x18, about 25k gallons.

I really appreciate any guidance! I am so excited to finally get a pool, but I want to make sure we think of everything! :)