Resetting Easy Touch After Installing New Intellichlor

txbdawl

Hello all..... I have, I'm hoping a small problem. My intellichlor 40 salt thingy went out on me after 5 yrs. I purchased a new one and installed it myself. It is working, thank goodness. My question is does anyone know how to actually enter the salt level of pool (ex, 3300) into the handheld Easy Touch? This number is shown whenever you access the chlorinator diagnostic menu on the remote. It is now just reading "0". Thanks.

Well, the salt level isn't something you "enter" into the system. The system should be telling you how much salt is in your pool, so if it reads "0" then that would mean you have no salt in the water.

However, the salt sensor and cell do not function if the water temperature is below 59F. It's likely that there is nothing wrong with your cell. You just need to wait for the water temp to increase.

I used to get calls from people about this all winter. Basically, my advice to anyone with a salt system is don't bother attempting to troubleshoot it until your water temperature raises. (aka Spring)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Legs! You are exactly right. I finally got a hold of someone at Pentair and was told the same thing. Funny how I just found this out, after having pool for 4 years, lol.

And speaking of funny....... rilspiork, I have no idea what you are saying and why you are on this thread "replying" to my question! :blink: