What Is Ez Spa?

TdiDave

What is this EZ Spa?  I just recieved my tub and got a startup kit with it from EZ Spa. It has the typical Up, Down, Calcium, DiChlor and this bottle just called "EZ Spa" and a "EZ start". The system is touted as Once a week treatment. "specially blended formula manages spa water while eliminating the confusion of adding multiple chemicals every other day. EZ SPA contains a clarifier, stable oxidizer, scale inhibitor, water conditioner, and balancers (pH, TA and CH) to keep spa water clean, clear and trouble free."

I had planed on doing the DiChlor/Bleach treatment process.  I have my Alk,CH,pH and FC all set and was just wondering if i add this "EZ Spa" what will it do?

Also the "EZ start" did not work as decribed on the iron. I did as directed (added the night before) then this morning when i added the Chlorine, you guessed it red water. Now i have to wait to filter all that out. (should just have used Metal-Gone, seems that works for most people).

EZ Spa is a combination product, but they don't list the ingredients. It probably has non-chlorine shock (MPS), a polymeric clarifier, a scale inhibitor, maybe some bicarbonate and some calcium. It's just going to confuse you if you use it because MPS measures as Combined Chlorine (CC) in test kits unless you get the Taylor K-2042 MPS interference remover. I'd just avoid using this product or if you feel you have to use it up, just use it once after each fresh refill and ignore the CC reading for a week (but do your normal Dichlor-then-bleach dosing).

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a similar pool and spa store try and get me to move to 'EZ Spa'. He kind of gave the method away when he said I would shock using Dichlor. So that essentially means its using MPS very regularly and the Dichlor for shock. I've heard of doing it this way but have not tried nor would I be able to.