Sundance Capri...or Other Spa < 6'?

bbot

Hi,

We have a small outdoor space where we'd like to put a spa.

We really like the Sundance Capri, but the quote we got was $8,895, which seeems really high.

So, can we do better on the price? Should we look at other spas?

We also looked at the Arctic Fox, but haven't wet-tested it yet.

Thanks for any help you can give us!

What part of the world are you in?

B)

The most respected manufacturers offer different tiers of spas. The higher prices usually buy more features, more bling and longer warranties. I am not familiiar enough with Sundance pricing to comment on whether that price is atypically high (intuitively seems high for a little 2-3 seater), but the Capri is in Sundances highest priced line, the 880 series. The Dover in the 780 line has a similar layout and should be cheaper.

Depending on the dealers in your area, Dimension One, Marquis, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi are other top manufacturers and many consider Arctic, Beachcomber to be good as well.

Hi,

We have a small outdoor space where we'd like to put a spa.

We really like the Sundance Capri, but the quote we got was $8,895, which seeems really high.

So, can we do better on the price? Should we look at other spas?

We also looked at the Arctic Fox, but haven't wet-tested it yet.

Thanks for any help you can give us!

Spas prices are negotiable and I gotta think you can do better than almost 9k for a spa that size. All manufacturers have spa models that size and comparison shopping will give you an idea of what other options you may have and what you can expect to spend so if you're looking for alternatives I'd go to the websites of spa makers like Caldera, D1, Hot Spring and Jacuzzi and use their dealer locators to see who else might be in your area.

Thanks so much for the replies.

We were thinking we'd go top-of-the-line, because if we're gonna do it, it seems like we should DO it.

We're in MA.

After I wrote my first message here, I found another dealer who had two Capris in stock, and would only negoiate down to $8,300...wouldn't even take 10% off to get us down to an even $8,000, even though he had them in stock, we have a super-easy install, can't use the step or the cover lifter (so they wouldn't be included in our package), and offered to pay cash.

I can't figure why this is....I thought we were looking to buy one of the less-in-demand models.

Is this the height of the spa-buying season?

Is it because I'm a lady, and therefore in the eyes of salesmen an idiot?

What is the deal?!?

"In stock" is certainly not a problem on the East Coast. Most dealers ship in containers or truckloads to save on freight. He most likely not going have any spas in stock which are not hot sellers.

B)

Yes, exactly.

B)