Sundance Chelsee Vs Caldera Niagra

jecuzens

Hello!

My wife and I are in the market to buy a spa and have narrowed it down to a Sundance Chelsee or a Caldera Niagra. We are going to wet test them today... Yelp indicates that both dealers are good and I know that both manufacturers are great. The Sundance dealer is offering their foor model 2010 Chelsee that has been filled with water for some time for around 8200. Or, a 2012 Chelsee without stereo for 9000. I don't have a quote on the Niagra but I am wondering if the Sundance deal is any good?

I am a little reluctant to buy a floor model that might have been used for 2 years for that high a price. Does anyone have any experience with how long the stereo might last? Is the 2012 model any better than the 2010? The dealer said the warranty period for the 2010 would apply as though it was new...

As for the Niagra, what would be a good price? I know they use the new fibercor foam but I don't know if that should make any difference to me other than a potentially lower service cost down the road?

I live in San Diego to give you a reference for the pricing. I appreciate any advice anyone can offer!

• 5 months later...