Algae, Yellow

HipDog

I have a 15000 gl pool in which I swim dogs for post operative hydrotherapy. Last Sunday the water was fine but we had some 14 dogs swimming that day (half hour session for six of them and 7 dogs at once for free swim). I normally clean the filters (dual Hayward 1200) skimmer and pump basket removing enough hair to construct 4 puppies.

I did not go out on Sunday to do so, thinking that it will be alright to wait till Monday when the pool maintenance man comes. HE DID NOT COME! He finally arrives on Tuesday afternoon despite our agreement. We need shock and cleaning each Monday morning as we are closed Monday and Tuesday. The water was becoming slightly cloudy on Tuesday afternoon. On Wednesday I tested the water and FAC was at .6ppm and a yellowish to brown algae was visible when I brushed the bottom and sides. It is now Saturday and I still have cloudiness and no chlorine. I have used yellow treat as well as some alaecide with copper in it and two bags of Leslie's Power Powder, that was on Friday. Saturday morning I was at zero FAC and TAC. I dumped two containers of liquid chlorine into the pool along with another cap full of Yellow Treat. Cleaned the filters, etc.

Did the lack of maintenance contribute to the problem? Might I see clear water by Sunday morning given what I have done?

Thank you for the response. Your guidance confirms what I had done on Saturday afternoon. I shocked with granular chlorine and continued cleaning both filters am and pm. Brushed the sides and bottom, vacuumned, etc. All is well and water is once again crystal clear.