River Rok Installation Directions Please

yakatme

I have built a small swimming/fish pond with a large waterfall with cave and I am almost completely finished with the project. I have purchased River Rok by SGM for my pool plaster and after discussing my choice with people in the swimming pool construction business as well as suppliers, I feel that I need specific instructions as to how to install this finish properly.

I have used marcite for many years on the ponds that I have built for my customers, but I decided to upgrade for our own project. I have been convinced that my experience applying marcite is not enough to ensure a proper application of River Rok.

My questions include but are not necessarily limited to the following:

What is required for surface preparation?

How thick of a consistency should the mix be?

What is the process to ensure the right finish (wiping down and when...acid wash and when...etc.)?

I was told today that River Rok can't be applied to any surface above the waterline and that I should add tile (ugh! not natural) or a bit of rock from the rock coping extending below the waterline. I've seen Diamond Brite between the waterline and coping many times and it didn't seem to have a problem. Is it true that River Rok will not last between the waterline and the coping?

I am a little apprehensive as to what I might not even know to ask, so any and all specific instructions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I found this on the SMG website.

"Southern Grouts & Mortars offers a wide variety of quality products to meet every need of your installation process from beginning to end. Each product serves a specific purpose and is designed to give you the precise performance you need for your specific project. SGM also understands the importance of having qualified, knowledgeable technical support and customer assistance. Our staff advises architects, engineers and contractors in the preparation of detailed methods including assistance with specification writing, recommendation of installation materials and detailing the features and benefits of SGM products. We offer technical training seminars for the trade as well as technical, hands-on interactive presentations for architects and specifiers, and job site inspections".

http://sgm.cc/html/swim/swimain.html