Need Help On How To Operate This Type Of Hot Tub

cmdrbato

Hi Guys,

Im a newbie here, i been seeking help to have a concrete idea on how to properly operate and maintaining it.

Facts: We just bought this house with a outdoor hot tub, unfortunately, the previous owner dont have the manual for the hot tub.

I been using it for a month already, but i need to understand how it each modes works.

Here are my main inquiry:

1. if i am not using the hot tub, which mode should i set it to?

===========previously i set it to SLP mode, with 95degrees setpoint. what i noticed is that after a 6 days, the temp goes down to 78degress. Is this normal?

2. In SLP Mode, i can always here that it cycles/pump the water, what i understand is that it has an autoclean function? am i correct? How often should it do this?

Any information is very much appreciated.

attached is some photo.

HT01.jpg

HT02.jpg

i dont have the model number, i cannot find any name plate on sides of the hot tub.

even in the control panel, it does not indicate the manufacturer or model.

Safety first before trying the following turn off your breaker(s)

Looks like it's installed in a deck but is there any way you can get to the equipment area there might be a mfg. sticker in there. If there isn't a sticker then take a picture and post it, there are alot of techs on here that might be able to help if they see the equipment compartment.

Dave

SLP, or "Sleep" mode will only let the spa heat within 20 degrees of the set point, EC or "Economy" will only let it heat during set filter cycles, St or "Standard" and it will always maintain the heat set point.

The system is made by Balboa instruments.

Nice tub you have. Even i had brought a new one in home. I also need some help to use that.

This link may be helpful, if you post a photo of the full panel, I can be more exact.

http://service.balboa-instruments.com/

Ok. This is my hot tub.

2m3igqt.jpg

thanks guys for the help.

I finally got the model, but i cant find any manual online.

http://www.poolwarehouse.com/Lexxus-hottub.html

Here's the name plate:

MarkIIILexxusHT.jpg

I am learning bit by bit on this hot tub since i dont have manual to get through.

I restart the system and set the cleaning duration by 2hrs.

How does the auto cleaning procedure? i didnt notice any cleaning done after 12 hours.

Does it turn on the jets during cleaning process?

I only notice, that there are small/tiny bubbles coming out, but this is round the clock.

Need help.

Ok. This is my hot tub.

2m3igqt.jpg

thanks guys for the help.

I finally got the model, but i cant find any manual online.

http://www.poolwarehouse.com/Lexxus-hottub.html

Here's the name plate:

MarkIIILexxusHT.jpg

I am learning bit by bit on this hot tub since i dont have manual to get through.

I restart the system and set the cleaning duration by 2hrs.

How does the auto cleaning procedure? i didnt notice any cleaning done after 12 hours.

Does it turn on the jets during cleaning process?

I only notice, that there are small/tiny bubbles coming out, but this is round the clock.

Need help.

Search in google. I think you will get valuabe information regarding this.

The tiny bubbles coming out constantly are from a cuirculation pump and ozonator, post a photo of the control panel, and the ID tag of the equipment pak.

Owners manuals are actually not even published for many brands, the best I can do is get you some guidelines on your equipment function if you post a photo of the topside and control box.

:)

Owners manuals are actually not even published for many brands, the best I can do is get you some guidelines on your equipment function if you post a photo of the topside and control box.

Why wouldn't a manufacturer publish a manual? Don't people need to know how to operate them?

It is one fast way to tell a cheesy manufacturer vs a reliable one.

In all the years I have in this business, you would be amazed how many people get a spa with no manual, or if they do get a manual, it is still printed in the previous name the manufacturer was using before their latest corporate bankruptcy.

I would go a step farther, and say if the manufacturer does not at minumum offer manual PDFs for download from their website, expect no service post sale.

Why wouldn't a manufacturer publish a manual? Don't people need to know how to operate them?

It is one fast way to tell a cheesy manufacturer vs a reliable one.

In all the years I have in this business, you would be amazed how many people get a spa with no manual, or if they do get a manual, it is still printed in the previous name the manufacturer was using before their latest corporate bankruptcy.

I would go a step farther, and say if the manufacturer does not at minumum offer manual PDFs for download from their website, expect no service post sale.

But then what should people do, When they really need a manual? :D

quantumchromodynamics,

Thank you for sharing.

I think this is the one. I've checked both PDF files, the controller is the same as in the OverSeasMarkIIIManual.pdf (except for the logo).

This will help me for a start.

I been browsing it and looking for the Filter cycle which happens every 12hrs, it was not stated in the manual (or maybe i just miss it out).

Also, on how to drain the tub.

Anyway, again this will help me.

Concrete, Spa_Guru,

Thank you for following this thread.

But then what should people do, When they really need a manual? :D

That's what we're here for. B)

Exactly, spa repairmen have been filling customer needs your years, fully aware of this problem, because people are still stupid enough to think there is great value in a $4000 8 ft spa with 60 jets and a stereo.

Face reality!!!

The cheapest house is an old meth lab next to a crack house, not adjoining the golf course.

The cheapest car is not going to be beautiful, efficient, or powerful. It is going to be a POS that needs to have a can of brake fluid rolling around in the trunk.

The cheapest horse is never going to win the Kentucky Derby, it is going to be one step from dog food. (Or a resturaunt if you are in France)

Get real, you get what you pay for, cheap spas are garbage because by default they have to be.

The question should not be "Why is that tub you sell so expensive" it should be "Am I dumb enough to believe there is value in the absence of quality and service?"

I been browsing it and looking for the Filter cycle which happens every 12hrs, it was not stated in the manual (or maybe i just miss it out).

One part says this:

Electronic Control System customizes water temperature, jet flow, water pressure and program filtration cycles.

However, another part says this:

Spa Filtration

Your spa equipped with 24 hour circulation pump and ozone generator, each will run 24 hours per day to maintain the spa water quality. Also, once per day, the blower will run for 30 seconds and the high speed pump 1 and pump 2 will run for 5 minutes. The circulation pump will turn off if the water temperature is 1 C above the set temperature. It turns on again at 0.5 C below the set temperature.

So, some conflicting information. You can always contact the manufacturer at their website to inquire about questions.

Also, when using a pdf document, the "find" box at the top of the document is very helpful.