Electronic Pool Timers

I have a newly installed 2 speed pentair ultra flow pump (1.5/.25), a .75 HP booster, and a solar array. Pool is around 12-13k gallons.

I'd like to be able to run:

Winter: 45 minutes high speed/booster, 2 hrs low speed

Summer: 45 minutes high speed/booster, 4 hrs low speed (solar array is off), OR 45 minutes high speed/booster, 2 hrs high speed (solar array is on because pool temp is below X degrees)

Is there any setup that will allow me to do this?

If not, what is the best (cheapest) digital timer out there for 2 speed/booster combinations that switches between high speed and low speed automatically?

Thanks for the advice!

The sky is the limit! What's your budget becomes the real question! 2-speed was a good investment, however I'm not certain your time intervals are adequate for turnover. That doesn't really matter til you get your timers. I'm not too familiar with "solar array" or solar anything for that matter as I'm in Dallas and we don't see much solar. However my understanding is that most multi speed pumps run high speed for solar, but I can't swear on that. Dictating how long it runs on high speed is going to be determined by your desired temp, outdoor temp and ect. It is my opinion that a pool should be closed during winter (water drained below skimmers, 1/2 full 2 liter bottles in the pool, noodles work too, and the equipment drained of water, why? Because last year in Dallas we had 7 days in a row below 32 degrees. Freeze guards turn pumps on until the water temp is above freezing that meant pumps ran 24/7! There goes your investment money.

So a couple of things you need to ask yourself is what do I want to spend? Where do I want to save? and how do they work together? In a perfect world (one without a budget) You'd buy something like a gold line (by hayward) that controls all of your equipment including your solar, or a pentair. Neither are cheap. If cheap is your demand, then you're looking for a 3 circuit controller, though I'm not certain that will include your solar set up. you're looking at 200.00 for one. poolsupply4less.com

The sky is the limit! What's your budget becomes the real question! 2-speed was a good investment, however I'm not certain your time intervals are adequate for turnover. That doesn't really matter til you get your timers. I'm not too familiar with "solar array" or solar anything for that matter as I'm in Dallas and we don't see much solar. However my understanding is that most multi speed pumps run high speed for solar, but I can't swear on that. Dictating how long it runs on high speed is going to be determined by your desired temp, outdoor temp and ect. It is my opinion that a pool should be closed during winter (water drained below skimmers, 1/2 full 2 liter bottles in the pool, noodles work too, and the equipment drained of water, why? Because last year in Dallas we had 7 days in a row below 32 degrees. Freeze guards turn pumps on until the water temp is above freezing that meant pumps ran 24/7! There goes your investment money.

So a couple of things you need to ask yourself is what do I want to spend? Where do I want to save? and how do they work together? In a perfect world (one without a budget) You'd buy something like a gold line (by hayward) that controls all of your equipment including your solar, or a pentair. Neither are cheap. If cheap is your demand, then you're looking for a 3 circuit controller, though I'm not certain that will include your solar set up. you're looking at 200.00 for one. poolsupply4less.com

Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any experience with the Gigawatt2? It looks like a pretty slick little unit, and can be found for around $200.

The Intermatic is decent for what you want to do, also I would look into the Sun Touch by Pentair, this control box is great for someone on a budget and works for implementing a variable speed pump. A could combo with the Sun Touch would be the Pentair VS3050.