Need Help With Hot Spring Grandee Parts Identification

n5eea

I have about a 10-12 year old Hot Springs Grandee spa, I got it as a used unit (no manuals).

I'm not sure the actual name for the parts, since I can't find a parts manual for it. My local Hot Spring dealer does not have any parts manual for this model, but he's eager to charge me to come out and look at it.

I looked at Hot Spring web site and could not find anything about replacement parts support.

On the top of the spa, there are 1 or 2 air diverter controls on each size. I have a couple of these that when I turn the control clock-wise or counter-clock wise, there is no change in the water, whether it passes water or not or whether the flow is faster or slower.

I think the part is something I can replace, but I'm not sure of the parts I need to get.

If I can identify them, I might be able to find replacement parts for it.

Also, I have a few missing boards for the side of this I wouldn't mind replacing. Any idea where I can locate these?

Thanks in advance.

Rog

OK - on that model and vintage of Grandee, the air controls use a piston type valve which only controls the amount of air going to certain jets.

First, figure out if you are expecting the right jets to respond. Keep in mind that when you move the diverter valve back and forth, some of the jets are not going to be getting water pressure, so they will not draw in air so the air valve will not have any noticable effect.

Second, those valves have a habit of having the handle get loose. You pop the little cap in the center of the valve shaft, and take a #1 phillips screwdriver and work with it for a minute. The problem is that if the valve is shut real tight, the handle can come loose and reposition itself. Once that happens, you will be moving only the handle but not the valve. OR - the handle can reposition itself in such a way that you will be moving the valve back and forth from way open to less open. This will still not change the air flow.

So gently unscrew the screw, and reposition the handle. Try it a few different ways until you get a feel for what's what. Once you get it, you should be able to go around the spa and re-align all the valves.

If you need parts, I will need to have the serial number of the spa. It starts with a G-

B)

OK - on that model and vintage of Grandee, the air controls use a piston type valve which only controls the amount of air going to certain jets.

First, figure out if you are expecting the right jets to respond. Keep in mind that when you move the diverter valve back and forth, some of the jets are not going to be getting water pressure, so they will not draw in air so the air valve will not have any noticable effect.

Second, those valves have a habit of having the handle get loose. You pop the little cap in the center of the valve shaft, and take a #1 phillips screwdriver and work with it for a minute. The problem is that if the valve is shut real tight, the handle can come loose and reposition itself. Once that happens, you will be moving only the handle but not the valve. OR - the handle can reposition itself in such a way that you will be moving the valve back and forth from way open to less open. This will still not change the air flow.

So gently unscrew the screw, and reposition the handle. Try it a few different ways until you get a feel for what's what. Once you get it, you should be able to go around the spa and re-align all the valves.

If you need parts, I will need to have the serial number of the spa. It starts with a G-

B)

Thanks for the reply.

Is there such a think as a parts diagram for this that I could look at to see if its the same?

Mine doesn't have a cap over the screws. Looks more like a waterproof sticky label.

I did take one off earlier today. I can't say it changed much. But I'll look at them again on Saturday.

Do you think this just needs an "adjustment" or does something need to be replaced?

Also, I noticed some times when I turn the jets on (not always), air seems to "surge" out from a couple jets. Air seems to always come out the jets when the controls are ON, but the air flow increases and decreases.

What would cause this? New parts needed for this??

Where do I find the serial number? I looked inside the pump area and only found a model number G/K on a label where the power connects.

The serial number is on a label in the Motor compartment. It may say 'Model number,' or it may say "Model/Serial number" but it should be there. The number should start with a G and then a dash or space, then six digits. It may be high on the back wall of the compartment.

The serial number is on a label in the Motor compartment. It may say 'Model number,' or it may say "Model/Serial number" but it should be there. The number should start with a G and then a dash or space, then six digits. It may be high on the back wall of the compartment.

I got out a flashlight and looked everywhere I could see inside the motor compartment. I did not see any label with a number starting with a G-. At the top center inside the compartment is a black box where the electrical connections occur. There was a label on that box that stated Model G/K.

Also, I did as you recommended previously and took the screws out of the diverter valves and reseated them. In a couple cases, it made a difference. I found I had little teeth broken off 2 handles, teeth appeared to be off one valve (under the handle). And I had one handle (on top, left of the front control) that was different than the rest and that handle was cracked.

Can I PM you some images and what I think are part numbers for the diverter handles and valves? May from that, you can determine the correct model for replacement parts?

Thanks,

Rog

"Can I PM you some images and what I think are part numbers for the diverter handles and valves? May from that, you can determine the correct model for replacement parts?"

Sure. I'll try to ID the parts for you.

B)