Nature2 Placement

Seem to have hit a snag with a Nature2 cartridge I had purchased for another spa. My other spa had an open type filter where you can adjust the height of the cartridge and slip it down. I never installed it in my old spa since I noticed a crack in the shell so it had to be replaced by another model spa (long story). The new spa (IST) has a different system....square skimmer with a flap that opens. My question is....can I just place the Nature2 cartridge in the skimmer basket? The new filter is the screw on type and a little smaller than the other. Its a chore just to get the filter in their and screwed on (very limited space).I cannot for the life of me get it in their with the cartridge>

Seem to have hit a snag with a Nature2 cartridge I had purchased for another spa. My other spa had an open type filter where you can adjust the height of the cartridge and slip it down. I never installed it in my old spa since I noticed a crack in the shell so it had to be replaced by another model spa (long story). The new spa (IST) has a different system....square skimmer with a flap that opens. My question is....can I just place the Nature2 cartridge in the skimmer basket? The new filter is the screw on type and a little smaller than the other. Its a chore just to get the filter in their and screwed on (very limited space).I cannot for the life of me get it in their with the cartridge>

Be advised that the Nature2 Cartridges have 3 small slots in the bottom of their cartridges that line up with their cartridge holders "tabs" (work together).

We have a spa that seems to have the type of opening you have, are you sure the entire housing cannot be moved into the tub to access the filter better and then put in the Nature2 cartridge?

Be advised that the Nature2 Cartridges have 3 small slots in the bottom of their cartridges that line up with their cartridge holders "tabs" (work together).

I see 2 slots tabs...don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to do with those

We have a spa that seems to have the type of opening you have, are you sure the entire housing cannot be moved into the tub to access the filter better and then put in the Nature2 cartridge?

I can't seem to move the housing (screwed in place to the side of the spa).

Thanks for all your responses. If all else fails i guess I'll just throw it in the skimmer basket. I guess the whole purpose of this thing is that the water flow through it during a filter cycle.