Draining For Summer ? Is This Okay On Parts

Hi everyone we don't plan on using our tub until September roughly as it is too warm here and too many bugs in the summer, is there any issue with draining it and letting sit ?

It is a 2009 H2O Canyon

Just wondering if I might run into dry seals on the pumps or anything.

Thanks

You should be pretty safe letting your hot tub sit for the summer dry. Just be sure that after draining the hot tub you vacuum out all of the lines with a wet/dry vac. Leave the plumbing open underneath so rain water ect. will not accumulate. Its very important to get those lines as dry as possible so you dont end up with water mod in your lines. It is not easy or very fun to clean away the mold.

I hope I was of help to you, if you have any more questions check us out at: facebook.premiumhottubs.ca I will be happy to help in any way.

Vernon Premium Hot Tubs

Vernon BC

www.premiumhottubs.ca

I do it all the time, I'm going to drain my spa tonight as its way to hot to even use it now. Before I drain it I put a full scoop of chlorine in the tub and run my jets so anything in the plumbing can get chlorinated then I drain. When I fill up again in the fall I do a spa purge before setting up.

Soak the filter in filter cleaner, hose it off real well and let it dry...then a plastic bag is OK.

Another good tip: Place a dish in the bottom of the spa and open up a big box of baking soda, place the box on the dish...this will help keep the musty smell away.

When I was a bachelor I used charcoal briquette's in an old sock for my fridge...this should also work for the spa.

Soak the filter in filter cleaner, hose it off real well and let it dry...then a plastic bag is OK.

Another good tip: Place a dish in the bottom of the spa and open up a big box of baking soda, place the box on the dish...this will help keep the musty smell away.

When I was a bachelor I used charcoal briquette's in an old sock for my fridge...this should also work for the spa.

I love that baking soda idea! I'm going to do that!=) Thanks :rolleyes: