Anyone Hear Of Heating Water In Fiberglass Pool Too Fast?

wanttoswim

I am still shopping for a fiberglass swim spa. One salesman told me that you shouldn't heat a fiberglass pool over 96-98 degrees or it will damage the gel coat and void warantee. He also said if you heat the water in a fiberglass pool too quickly it will damage the pool surface. He also said a salt system in a 3400 gallon swim spa is overkill (not necessary on fiberglass) and not worth it. Any comments?

Another company said you can heat his to the 104 degrees recommended with no damage to fiberglass, and he is currently pushing free salt systems.

How do I know who to believe?

Thanks for advice

I am still shopping for a fiberglass swim spa. One salesman told me that you shouldn't heat a fiberglass pool over 96-98 degrees or it will damage the gel coat and void warantee. He also said if you heat the water in a fiberglass pool too quickly it will damage the pool surface. He also said a salt system in a 3400 gallon swim spa is overkill (not necessary on fiberglass) and not worth it. Any comments?

Another company said you can heat his to the 104 degrees recommended with no damage to fiberglass, and he is currently pushing free salt systems.

How do I know who to believe?

Thanks for advice

My experience with pool salesman is that you could write a book on what they don't know. I do not have much experience with fiberglass pools, but I have serviced hundreds of fiberglass spas. They get heated to 104 for months and years on end and I have never seen one damaged by heat.

My experience with pool salesman is that you could write a book on what they don't know. I do not have much experience with fiberglass pools, but I have serviced hundreds of fiberglass spas. They get heated to 104 for months and years on end and I have never seen one damaged by heat.

I went to see the pool today and another salesman there said something about the heat. But this swim spa comes with a gas heater, which heats faster. But this guy didn't mention heating too fast, he just said don't heat over 100 degrees. He also said this particular model holds 2000 gallons of water. It is a 9 x 17 x 4'6". Other swim spas this size say they hold 3400-3500 gallons. None of the places I have contacted can give me any references to go see installations within 200 miles of my home in SC. I don't want an 'endless pool', can't afford a D1 or Sundance swim spa. My DH just wants me to forget the project altogether. I guess I am very ignorant. I thought there would be some kind of regulations or standards to be met in something like this.

Anyway, thanks for your info. I will keep it in mind.