Pressure Testing!

it's not that simple. your plumbing, depending on the type of pvc used, and the glue, may manage 100psi just fine! You don't want to find out the hard way. I use 20psi. Use your filter gauge as a good place to start. If you typically have a pressure of 22psi in your filter, then I wouldn't test with less. Your goal is to determine if you have a leak under normal operation, not to create a leak. There should be little reason to exceed 30-35 psi, as at these pressures most filters are damaged.

I understand that around 28PSI is more than enough to detect leakage. But in one of my site, Consultant is asking to charge pressure in the piping to 72.5PSI(5bars)(test to underground pipes only, filters are not connected to the system yet). To show him that 72.5PSI test is useless, i am in search of some standards.

30 psi is standard here, all pipe should be sch 40, any medium bodied glue with primer. Pressure testing should be tested above 20 psi as surges regularly exceed that, this will eliminate bad joints. Note that if it leaks at 30 psi then it will leak at 15 psi, on the other side if it doesn't leak at 30 psi then it won't leak at 70 psi (pipes and joints-filters usually blow at about 80-90.

When my pool was built they pressure tested the system for 36 hours at 50 PSI -- just the pipes from the equipment pad to the capped-off suctions and returns at pool and spa. After inspection, they back-filled the runs and started installing the equipment.