Thoughts On Phantom Turbo/surface Skimming

texasmax

All- in-laws currently have a booster-driven cleaner (in-ground gunite, approx. 30k gallons). They've got a number of large trees; whatever variety they are, are the kind that like to drop massive amounts of leaves mostly throughout the year :) They have weekly service, but my father-in-law is skimming by hand at least 2x/week depending on the season (and he's not a spring chicken if you know what I mean). Skimmers have no hope of keeping up. Short of tapping in a flow meter, everything's working fine- pump and filter are well-sized, and DE is regularly backwashed, and filter pressure stays in check. Hoping to recommend something to them that will clean the surface of leaves. Found the Hayward Phantom Turbo; it will skim the top for 1/3 of the cycle, or can be set to run across the top 100% of the time. Looks like a decent-sized bag as well. Anyone with experience with these? Do they really have good control of floating to the surface?

Any other mostly automated solutions to a heavy surface leaf load here I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

The Phantom is a fantastic machine!! We have used them since they came out appx. 4 yrs. ago. The bag is large & we have installed hundreds of units.

Not once has anyone ever said "come get this thing, it don't work". I am not aware of any other pool cleaner that does the same function as the Phantom.

Hayward Pool Products hit a home run with this one!! G'Luck.....