Buyin Gabove Ground Pool

euclidpb

If you are concidering whether to buy $350 Intex pool or $2500 quality pool, think about your time and this experience...

I bought the WM Intex 15 round 2 yrs ago. This pool had poorly constructed seam near the rope (lower side wall). Of course this is not noticable till you fill it up - then it leaked.

Intex, being so generous, said if i send them a cut out piece of this damaged area, they would (if it is their fault) send me a new liner.

1. I buy and set up pool

2 I pay for water service

3. I drain what did not leak out

4. I cut out and send damaged part to Intex (at my expence)

5. I gather this old mess of a liner and haul it to dump in my Geo dedan.

6. I receive new liner 6-8 wks later (summer mostly over)

7. I re-assemble pool

8. Get and pay for more water fill.

NO. I just mdrained and patched it. Patch held over 1 winter. Next fill up, leaks even worse...........Which Above Ground to buy?

I can't possibly know if this was a freak manufacturing incident, or more common than it should be.

I believe they should have immediately apologized for their arror, ans graciously shipped me another liner next day air.

Also had bought their salt system and could not get it to operate (sense the right amount of salt).... this could be my fault.

If you are concidering whether to buy $350 Intex pool or $2500 quality pool, think about your time and this experience...

I bought the WM Intex 15 round 2 yrs ago. This pool had poorly constructed seam near the rope (lower side wall). Of course this is not noticable till you fill it up - then it leaked.

Intex, being so generous, said if i send them a cut out piece of this damaged area, they would (if it is their fault) send me a new liner.

1. I buy and set up pool

2 I pay for water service

3. I drain what did not leak out

4. I cut out and send damaged part to Intex (at my expence)

5. I gather this old mess of a liner and haul it to dump in my Geo dedan.

6. I receive new liner 6-8 wks later (summer mostly over)

7. I re-assemble pool

8. Get and pay for more water fill.

NO. I just mdrained and patched it. Patch held over 1 winter. Next fill up, leaks even worse...........Which Above Ground to buy?

I can't possibly know if this was a freak manufacturing incident, or more common than it should be.

I believe they should have immediately apologized for their arror, ans graciously shipped me another liner next day air.

Also had bought their salt system and could not get it to operate (sense the right amount of salt).... this could be my fault.

I'm so glad you posted this about your pool you bought from Intex... Me and the misses were just talking about putting a pool in this year and Intex was one of the pools we were looking at. After seeing this post we are going a different route. Thanks again euclidpb for posting this.

I'm sorry to hear about your pool troubles. But thanks for sharing your experience.

The lower end/budget pools do have thier place, esp. for folks on a budget and/or are looking for something that won't become a long term fixture in the back yard.

Buying from a local, reputable dealer can have it's benifits. They can help you understand how to use the equipment, and if your pool needs repair, they can help you out with that too.

In defense of Intex, we have had 2 frame pools.

Only leaked after I drained it and stored the liner spread out in my front yard, dumb idea. The next season it leaked in multiple spots due to being punctured by falling tree branches.

After discovering the new liner would cost $200 shipped, we elected to buy a whole new pool kit and get a 2nd pump, ladder etc.

The poles were pretty corroded after the first season.

We made it through year 2 with old poles and a new liner. This year I left the pool up over winter and with about 1 foot of water in it.

We put the new poles on and filled it up.

The first pump died so we are running the new one.

So what did you expect for a few hundred bucks?

If you can't afford a 'real' pool, then grab one of these, 15'x42" or 18'x42" for under $300!

I use their SWG as well, and that appears to be going well in season 3.

Also use a Catfish Pool Buster battery vac which has also stood up to 2 seasons and still going!

All for about a grand over 3 years. Worth every penny, the kids live in it in the summer.