Power Loss

sdriv

So we lost power from a snow storm on thursday. So it has been four days with no power and the tub only dropped to 85 degrees so I was happy. Now my question is do I need to drain and refill or can I shock or super shock and still use my water? The water itself is only a few weeks old and with 30" of snow it may be a tough proposition. Thanks all

So we lost power from a snow storm on thursday. So it has been four days with no power and the tub only dropped to 85 degrees so I was happy. Now my question is do I need to drain and refill or can I shock or super shock and still use my water? The water itself is only a few weeks old and with 30" of snow it may be a tough proposition. Thanks all

If you're sure that nothing else got into it, you should be OK to shock it I would think. The other guys can chime in if they think it's bad (I'm still a little bit of a noob), but I shocked some water when mine went down to 0 PPM for a few days as well.