Need To Buy A New Inground Pool

scorpion12

To keep my fiance happy, I need to get her a pool. We're wanting an inground... I'm leaning towards vinyl...

I WAS looking at fiberglas but there are so many different warranties that didn't cover cracks that I decided to forego that idea... (although I was wanting a Trilogy or Trinity pool because of the modularity).

From looking around, Ft Wayne is sounding like a good system to get for the walls and possiblyt a DaVinci liner.

Which is better? Polymer or steel for the walls?

We're in the Columbia South Carolina area.

• 1 month later...

Steel vs Polymer is a great question! The truth is both will last longer than you will. Currently most steel pools are 14 gauge G-235 steel which will last longer than the steel pools built 30 year ago. My pool is 33 yrs old and is still structurally sound, although there were a few rust spots when I replaced the liner 10 year ago. Polymer pools will never rust but are not quite as strong as steel. In your market my feelings are this...if you are close to the coast and have high water tables polymer might be the best way to go otherwise save the extra$$ and go with the steel pool.