2002 Hot Springs Prodigy - Freshwater Iii Install

elav

Hello! I have a "new to me" 2002 Prodigy Hot Springs Spa. I guess the ozinator was an option for this tub because while the tub is "Freshwater III Ready" this tub has never had one installed. I bought the Freshwater III install kit complete with the injection manifold but the installation instructions aren't the best. The tub has the No Fault 6000 heater and I'm suppose to cut a 4" section out of the vinyl tube coming out the the heater and install the injection manifold there (where the heated water exits the heater). Can someone take a picture of their install and post it here so I can make sure I cut the correct tube?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I have a "new to me" 2002 Prodigy Hot Springs Spa. I guess the ozinator was an option for this tub because while the tub is "Freshwater III Ready" this tub has never had one installed. I bought the Freshwater III install kit complete with the injection manifold but the installation instructions aren't the best. The tub has the No Fault 6000 heater and I'm suppose to cut a 4" section out of the vinyl tube coming out the the heater and install the injection manifold there (where the heated water exits the heater). Can someone take a picture of their install and post it here so I can make sure I cut the correct tube?

Have you opened up the side panel to look around yet? I have a newer model HS but to my surprise the tube I was supposed to install it on actually had a sticker from the factory on it that said "cut here." However, even if you have that - cut a little bit inside the lines marked to make your life easier.

Also, you should be able to do it with the tub still full if you're fast/lazy. (obviously disconnect power at source before doing any of this)

Ok, after a second look I found the tube with the sticker on it. For others, the tubes leave the heater on the top of the heater. The back tube (towards the center of the tub) is the one with the sticker. Seeing as the tub was empty I completely removed the tube from the tub to cut it and add the injector. Thanks for the help!

Time to fill the tub and try out the ozinator!

OK, I filled the tub and don't see any bubbles coming out of the bottom vent from the ozonator. I'm 100% sure that I put the injector in the exit heater hose (had the sticker on it) and 100% the injector is facing the correct direction. The only thing left in the system is the factory installed one-way valve. Could this be installed backwards? I removed the tube from the Freshwater III and tried blowing into it. I couldn't pass any air through it with the tub running. Should I be able to blow air through the tube with the tub running? They only reason I ask is I spent a fair amount of time this morning threading the tube above the water line and I'm not excited about doing it over again, but that will be the next step.

Thoughts?

When you order the Freshwater III kit the tube is preinstalled to the injector as is the one way valve. Well, the one way valve was installed backwards in my setup. Do yourself a favor and test that the one way valve is installed in the correct direction before installing it in the tub. You should be able to blow into the end that attached to the ozonator and have air flow. If not, the valve is installed backwards. It would be more convenient if the valve was installed lower so that if it goes bad (or is installed backwards) you could just change it but for some reason that part of the tube is tucked way up high in the tub. This of course makes it difficult to access. I hope this helps someone. BTW, I tried to add pictures but for some reason this site doesn't like URLs from Picasa.