Adjusting Bromine And Ph Level

Maclintock

I have a Arctic Spa 5 person tub with the Bromine system. I went on holidays for aweek and the levels were great. Like an idiot I forgot to adjust the bromine level down on the computer. So when I get back , I checked the levels and the Bromine was BRIGHT yellow and did not match the highest level ( I turned the computer down to 8 from the recommended 10. The PH level was off the chart as well being DARK PURPLE. I called Arctic Spa and they said to drain some water, which I did and then added. Probably took out a foot of water and re added the same. So this morning I checked it and the Bromine level was the same and the PH was Light Purple. I added a top full of Adjuster down and a cap full of the Refresh. Will re check in the AM.

I will also go in it tonight and brave the levels to get the bromine down

Any suggestions w/o emptying out the tub and starting over.

The tub is new and was been filled Sept 15 and I changed the filter after 2 weeks. It has not had heavy use ,,,, Maybe twice a week, but now it is time to get in their every night.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Are you talking about the test strips that you use to test the water? If it is yellow that means there is no Bromine in the tub. If it was bright green then that would mean there is too much. You should also talk by saying " my bromine level is 10ppm (parts per million) then people might understand a bit better. I have a cub signature series with the onzen system on it and have had nothing but problems from day one. Have had the system updated twice already and it's brand new. It seems to be working now, for now. I hope your onzen system is working ok because if it's not then your bromine levels will plummet and your water will turn cloudy. If you are using the AquaCeck test strips, I have learnt that they are not that accurate. The colours need to be on the high side to get the right reading. You'll notice this when you go to dealer and get your water tested. It's frustrating when you first start out and I'm still learning how to do this. Good luck.

Are you talking about the test strips that you use to test the water? If it is yellow that means there is no Bromine in the tub. If it was bright green then that would mean there is too much. You should also talk by saying " my bromine level is 10ppm (parts per million) then people might understand a bit better. I have a cub signature series with the onzen system on it and have had nothing but problems from day one. Have had the system updated twice already and it's brand new. It seems to be working now, for now. I hope your onzen system is working ok because if it's not then your bromine levels will plummet and your water will turn cloudy. If you are using the AquaCeck test strips, I have learnt that they are not that accurate. The colours need to be on the high side to get the right reading. You'll notice this when you go to dealer and get your water tested. It's frustrating when you first start out and I'm still learning how to do this. Good luck.

No, the bromine reading is 8.2ppm measured at the white peak. I have turned the Onzone ( Computer box ) down to 8 ( They recommended setting it at 10) The water is not cloudy, and the tester that you check the PH level with is light purple. I am using the Tru Blu test strips for testing.

Any time that your chemical levels get that out of balance you should consider draining and refilling instead of trying to rebalance.

I talked to Arctic spa and they said to drain a 1/4 ,,, which I did and then add water and re test. I will check it again in the morning. and hopefully the PH levels are corrected. It is a pain for sure.

Why is the onzen still on when your bromine is too high? It should be off.

The high bromine will interfere with the pH test, causing it to read high.

It is my opinion that when your chemistry is that far off, you need to drain completely and refill. Make sure that all equipment is off when draining and refilling.

You can use sodium thiosulfate to reduce chlorine or bromine levels if needed.

Furthermore, you really should consider getting the Taylor K-2106 test kit.

K_2106_500x375.jpg