Hot Tub Head Pillows

Jim F

I have head pillows purchased from Sweetwater/Sundance the spa manufacturer (now Jacuzzi, I believe) that have developed blisters after only a year. (I am careful about adding chemicals (bleach and acid) and chlorine levels are not high)

1/ Can anyone shed any light as to the likely reason for the blisters?

2/ Recommendations as to where to buy good, durable replacements? Not necessarily from Sweetwater/Sundance/jacuzzi which are expensive, and obviously not long-lasting

Thanks

I have head pillows purchased from Sweetwater/Sundance the spa manufacturer (now Jacuzzi, I believe) that have developed blisters after only a year. (I am careful about adding chemicals (bleach and acid) and chlorine levels are not high)

1/ Can anyone shed any light as to the likely reason for the blisters?

2/ Recommendations as to where to buy good, durable replacements? Not necessarily from Sweetwater/Sundance/jacuzzi which are expensive, and obviously not long-lasting

Thanks

I am on my second set of pillows for my seven year old Sundance spa. The first set lasted two years, the second set is just now starting to go. Three things come to mind as to why pillows deteriorate prematurely...ozone, high sanitizer levels and closing the cover right after shocking.

If you want factory replacements, there are a couple of sites online that will probably be less money than your dealer. Shepnell.com is one that comes to mind. You could use one of the generic portable type found almost everywhere, but they just hang over the edge. I don't know of any aftermarket pillows that attach to a Sundance spa. FWIW, Sundance has been part of Jacuzzi since 1998.

Thanks, Tony, for taking time to respond

I actually have a Sweetwater Bahia vintage 2000-2002, I believe. (Came with home we bought in Italy)

Just curious: was Sweetwater a unit of Sundance or bought by Sundance before or after Jacuzzi?

Re my problem, the one pillow that deteriorated the worst is under half the cover we don't remove, and nearest most powerful jets. (But we dont use the jets either) Still. it may be vapor from occasional shocking

Thanks, Tony, for taking time to respond

I actually have a Sweetwater Bahia vintage 2000-2002, I believe. (Came with home we bought in Italy)

Just curious: was Sweetwater a unit of Sundance or bought by Sundance before or after Jacuzzi?

Re my problem, the one pillow that deteriorated the worst is under half the cover we don't remove, and nearest most powerful jets. (But we dont use the jets either) Still. it may be vapor from occasional shocking

Sweetwater was always Sundance's product. It was the more cost effective spa sold by Sundance. I believe Sundance now calls the Sweetwater spas the 780 series.

IMO, ozone does the most damage to pillows. It pumps 24/7 and builds up under the cover. Bromine tabs in a floater can do the same thing. A floating blanket that sits on the water can help extend the life of everything plastic above the water line.