Warranty Issue

My Blue Hawaiian fiberglass pool has major cracks and leaks. They are not honoring the warranty on

a technicality..they say they need the original which was never given to me. An attorney was only

able to get a copy from Starr-lite Pools, Sebring, FL and sent it registered mail...not good enough I

suppose. Shad Blitz, Blue Hawaiian Pool Products, Largo, Fl. (manufacturer) has not answered phone

calls or letters.

This is a serious matter and heartbreaking. I am a senior and use the pool for therapy for arthritis

as well as my love of swimming.

This pool was purchased because of the 35 year warranty and the "reputation" of the quality.

HELP. This is serious. If the pool "pops" out of the ground the deck and the screen enclosure go iwth

it. BBB, DPR and 8 on your side are worthless too. i.e. did nothing!!!

• 2 weeks later...
My Blue Hawaiian fiberglass pool has major cracks and leaks. They are not honoring the warranty on

a technicality..they say they need the original which was never given to me. An attorney was only

able to get a copy from Starr-lite Pools, Sebring, FL and sent it registered mail...not good enough I

suppose. Shad Blitz, Blue Hawaiian Pool Products, Largo, Fl. (manufacturer) has not answered phone

calls or letters.

This is a serious matter and heartbreaking. I am a senior and use the pool for therapy for arthritis

as well as my love of swimming.

This pool was purchased because of the 35 year warranty and the "reputation" of the quality.

HELP. This is serious. If the pool "pops" out of the ground the deck and the screen enclosure go iwth

it. BBB, DPR and 8 on your side are worthless too. i.e. did nothing!!!

I would like the opportunity to reply to the allegations set forth by "duped senior" as set forth herein.

I can say that the last contact from this person was over a year ago.

Our company is family owned and has been selling fiberglass pools from Blue Hawaiian in Largo, FL. since it was Blue Dolphin in 1986.

With Regard to the crack in question, I was not notified that there was a problem in writing, as is required not only in my contract signed by "duped senior"; but with the manufacturer as well. The first notification of such was from the manufacturer- by passing us completely- three and a half years after its installation. A personality conflict between "duped senior" and I on certain aspects has put us at odds with each other. We have never inspected such crack or been allowed on property.

On several occasions, both our company and the manufacturer spoke with "duped senior" to resolve her issue. We were both informed that a third party has patched her pool- thus invalidating any warranty the pool had. Blue Hawaiian works to resolve warranty issues as do we.

As with any product, problems can and will have the possibility to develop. I take issue that none of the complaints made dealt with any building code violations by our company specific to the pools construction, which was evidenced by her reports to "BBB, DPR and 8 on your side." Addendums and timeline issues are the major facets.

I try to be of help to the customers in the area I serve. Despite efforts to the contrary, an inability to resolve issues between "duped senior" has made for an impass between us- that coupled with the continuous circumventing correspondence with our company to effect results.

Starr-Lite Pools

• 2 months later...

I too bought a Blue Hawaiian Fiberglass pool (largo florida) and it too has re-occuring cracks that leak.

I know first hand that this year Blue Hawaiian Fiberglass pools and specifically Shad the office manager that handles all warranty claims is NOT honoring the manufacturing warranties on the defects.

They have fixed or patched my pool multiple times since the installation in 2001 under my contract. Today when I called to report the latest crack (*always in the same place - stair) Shad gave me the runaround - if they don't find 'AIR' in the fiberglass then it is not considered a man. defect , then he tried to baffle me with hydostatic stuff that has nothing to do with the fact that from day one this pool has had cracks (two) and ALWAYS in the same location.

The pool contractor Hawaiian pools of pinellas went out of business this year so I cannot get information from them. I have dealt with the manufacture on each repair - until this year.

CONSUMERS BEWARE:

DO NOT BUY BLUE HAWAIIAN FIBERGLASS POOLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7 years later...