Help With Artic Spa Summit Aerator

bpd138

Hello everyone,

Well, the missus and I just bought our first ever hot tub. My head is still spinning after reading all about chemicals and routine maintenance. lol We picked up a two year old Artic Spa Summit for $2000.00. I think it was a decent deal and we are both happy with it.

Onto my question, Can anyone tell me how the air Therapy is supposed to work. When I push the Air Therapy button I hear a pump turn on but I don't see any bubbles. Is there a control somewhere to change the amount of air that is output? If so how does it work?

One last thing, after the spa was set up I had all the cabinat covers off just to give the guts a visual checkup. I noticed that the large pipe going to the air therapy pump was loose, so naturally I tightened it up. Should I have done that? Should it be loose?

Oops sorry one more question, Whilel I was looking inside I saw all the piping going to the various jets. Can someone tell me why each jet has a large diameter hose and a smaller clear hose and what each one does?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Willie

Oops sorry one more question, Whilel I was looking inside I saw all the piping going to the various jets. Can someone tell me why each jet has a large diameter hose and a smaller clear hose and what each one does?

Willie

Can't say for sure, but I'd bet the second smaller hose is for the venturi air or it may connected to a blower. On my tub, the smaller hoses connect to an air valve on the top of the tub near the topside panel. This controls how much air the jets suck in.

HTH,

Adam

Thanks for the input. I got the air therapy working. Turned out it was a bad motor. I took it apart and saw that it was a DC motor and the brushes and armature had glazed over. I filed the end of the brushes and cleaned up the armature with scothc brite and it works great......bubbles everywhere!

The clear lines are indeed for the venturi air lines. They seem to be working as they are supposed to.

Once again thanks for the help.

Willie

Hello everyone,

Well, the missus and I just bought our first ever hot tub. My head is still spinning after reading all about chemicals and routine maintenance. lol We picked up a two year old Artic Spa Summit for $2000.00. I think it was a decent deal and we are both happy with it.

Onto my question, Can anyone tell me how the air Therapy is supposed to work. When I push the Air Therapy button I hear a pump turn on but I don't see any bubbles. Is there a control somewhere to change the amount of air that is output? If so how does it work?

One last thing, after the spa was set up I had all the cabinat covers off just to give the guts a visual checkup. I noticed that the large pipe going to the air therapy pump was loose, so naturally I tightened it up. Should I have done that? Should it be loose?

Willie

$2000.00 for a 2 year old Arctic Spa. Great for you!

Bad resale for all the current Arctic owners.

Enjoy your new toy.

Paul