Anybody Tried This Liquid Skin To Prevent Evaporation?

Today was the last straw. We had the pool installed and finished last Sept and it is a humpback kidney shape. The solar cover is a royal pain as it really does not roll up nicely due to the shape but today was it!!!!! Gusting winds ripped it right off the pool and broke away every string connecting it to the winder and it flew up and on the other side of the yard. I have seen these fish gizmos that you put in the pool which create some sort of film on the surface to prevent evaporation. Although not as effective as the solar blanket it is painless and easy, they last a month so for 12 bucks a month I dont have to have the solar blanket issue, besides I find it ugly looking. Anybody ever try these out and if so your opinion on them?

Today was the last straw. We had the pool installed and finished last Sept and it is a humpback kidney shape. The solar cover is a royal pain as it really does not roll up nicely due to the shape but today was it!!!!! Gusting winds ripped it right off the pool and broke away every string connecting it to the winder and it flew up and on the other side of the yard. I have seen these fish gizmos that you put in the pool which create some sort of film on the surface to prevent evaporation. Although not as effective as the solar blanket it is painless and easy, they last a month so for 12 bucks a month I dont have to have the solar blanket issue, besides I find it ugly looking. Anybody ever try these out and if so your opinion on them?

Hi, Yes I have tried them but I'm not at all sure they worked at all

The biggest problem with the liquid solar blankets is that wind will tend to push the thin layer to the side so they are really only effective when it's calm. If you get winds such as what you describe, I doubt they will be effective at all.

The biggest problem with the liquid solar blankets is that wind will tend to push the thin layer to the side so they are really only effective when it's calm. If you get winds such as what you describe, I doubt they will be effective at all.

we have a 29 ft x 16 ft pool with a 8'deep end. Heating takes about 45minutes per degree (F) How much more %age wise might I have to pay to not use a solar blanket if we keep the ppol at 80 when using it. If the savings are only 100 bucks a season than I say to hell with it as the routine of winding and unwinding on an iregular shaped pool is a royal pain. Your thought?

I would think if you cut a solar blanket exactly the shape of your pool, you'd be able to get it to roll up nicely on your reel.

Have you looked at a longer and wider size, so it could be cut to shape?

I just bought a new 12-Mil blue. It seems to be much better quality than the last one I had, and the blue looks decent on the pool.

Was really happy with the price and service I got.

Solar Blanket 12-Mil