Concrete Slab Being Poured

I and getting concrete poured for my hot tub. The tub weights 6,000 pounds filled. I am getting a 4 in slab reinforced with re bar and fiber mesh. The ground is firm. The house has been here for 30 years so its as settled as it is going to get. Should I expect any problems or should this be good enough?

I and getting concrete poured for my hot tub. The tub weights 6,000 pounds filled. I am getting a 4 in slab reinforced with re bar and fiber mesh. The ground is firm. The house has been here for 30 years so its as settled as it is going to get. Should I expect any problems or should this be good enough?

More then enough.

More then enough.

I do not know much from experience, but from what I have heard this is more than enough. I have had my 20X20 poured for 2 months now with no problems. I have also had my tub for close to 3 weeks an no problems. My Spa dealer told me that it was more than enough. I also have the re bar and mesh. I believe that you will be ok.

to put in in perspective, the average suv weighs around 4300 pounds with the weight displaced across four tires each with a foot print of..........say 1 square foot per tire. thats over one thousand pounds exerted per square foot.

the average tub is 8 x 8 or a foot print of 64 square feet. at 6000 pounds that comes to just under one hundred pounds exerted per square foot assuming the load is equally displaced over the whole pad.

considering that some driveways and patios for that matter are 4-6 inches and your pad is reinforced twice over (rebar and fiber mesh)............i don't think you should have any problem. I've heard of people putting their tubs on tamped pea gravel, large pavers and if you buy into it....................plastic pads your local dealer will sell you at a cheap price :P