When To Call The Electrician

oconnells

So I'm still waiting to hear from the pool store letting me know that my pool is in. I was wondering if I should contact an electrician, and have the 110 outlet installed or should I wait until the pool is installed? I was waiting because I was hoping to have the outlet installed closer to the pool so that I won't have an extension cord running across the yard. I just don't know the installers generally want power available when they do the install.

Unless you're absolutely, positively, 100% sure that the pool will stay exactly where you think it's going, I'd wait until the pool is in. The installers will get their power from wherever it's available, assuming it's not too far from the home. They can run extension cords as far as needed, within obvious limits. If you put the electrical in, and the pool has to be moved for some reason, you may be stuck with relocating the electrical & associated delays.