Help! I've Got A Leak...

G-Dub

Hopefully somebody here has dealt with this before...

I've noticed my water levels dropping the past few weeks, so I finally pulled off the side access panel only to find a steady drip from one the water pipes underneath the tub. Unfortunately it's in a spot I can't reach from the side of the tub, I'm afraid I will likely have to drain the tub and tip it on its side to fix the leak...

Any recommendations on the best way to do this? I have some marine sealant, would that work? Any general techniques? I can't see the pipe because it's covered in insulation, figure it might be tough to locate the leak.

Any tips would be much appreciated...

Hopefully somebody here has dealt with this before...

I've noticed my water levels dropping the past few weeks, so I finally pulled off the side access panel only to find a steady drip from one the water pipes underneath the tub. Unfortunately it's in a spot I can't reach from the side of the tub, I'm afraid I will likely have to drain the tub and tip it on its side to fix the leak...

Any recommendations on the best way to do this? I have some marine sealant, would that work? Any general techniques? I can't see the pipe because it's covered in insulation, figure it might be tough to locate the leak.

Any tips would be much appreciated...

make sure the leak is really coming from the bottom of spa water travels.

unless you can actually see where it is leaking underneath draining and turning the spa on its side will make it hard to find the leak without water in the spa. here is one way to do it.

you will need 5 jack stands and a floor jack. drain spa then place 1 stand under each corner and 1 under the footwell. refill spa find leak. remove any foam, drain spa and repair as required. refill on stands to make sure leak is fixed,(optional) drain and lower. if spa has pvc bottom remove staples along sides at bottom of spa fold edges flat then start jacking on top of pvc bottom leaving bottom in place on ground and place jacks on pvc so when you lower spa after repair the bottom is in position and will only need minor adjustments to replace in factory location. go easy remoing staples as you want to put them back in the same holes they came out of if possible. if done properly it is a one man job. if it is a full foam spa pay someone else to do it...good luck